Monday, February 11, 2008

A TRIP TO KELLIE's



wehuuu....finally I got the chance to visit this monument
but it was a coincidence xtually
my fwenz :: sufia,keyna n dya ask me to drive 'em there
since they have no licence>>> oweiz be a part-time driver...LOL
nvm, coz I considered it was paid well!
as I can visit this such memorable thing



This uncompleted, ruined huge mansion is located in the town of Batu Gajah and is about 20-25 minutes drive away from Ipoh,Perak. And if I'm not mistaken, it consist of four storey.This mansion has a Moorish architecture as a gift for his wife with rooms designed for Kellie's son and daughter .
This is the guard post
Gosh! Even the guard post is as large as my bedroom size!Sigh~~



This yellowish building used to be a house in which Kellie and his family stayed,
while waiting for the mansion to finished.
Now, what's left is just the ruined.


A closer view of the corridor of Kellie's Castle.


A flat rooftop to cater for parties.
I'm imagining (read dreaming/dream on...HAHA) having a dance on this rooftop, under the moonlight.


Half completed elevator/lift.
Dude! It is believed to be the first mansion with lift in Tanah Melayu at that moment!
I was also equipped with a place of worship, a living hall, bedroom for quest, and much2 more rooms (too many rooms to describe). It was also discovered that there are secrets tunnels, one of which leads to the Hindu temple through the Kinta River. However, this tunnel has now been sealed for safety reason.
The latest discovery of this place is a tree that resemble "a bear hugging a tree" at the compound of the castle.

Hurmm...nice view huh?
There's more pics and view to show to you.
But I recommend you to have a visit there and take a look by yourself.
If you're here, get a briefing from the person in charge at the ticketing booth. There are some documentation pasted on the notice board.
The entrance fee for adult is RM4
Till then, have a save trip!
daaa

No comments: